Ibotta is an app that gives you cash back for shopping. You can use it in-store or online and the turnaround time is days, not months like other cash back sites!
Before you shop on-line, check the app.
It will display the featured stores and new retailers. You can browse through them or do a search for the store you’re looking for.
You can also browse by category if you want a certain type of store but are flexible.
There will be a phone/tablet pic in the upper right of the store logo if it’s for shopping on-line.
Once selected it will show how much cash back is given at that store. Click ‘Shop’ to launch the site. After you buy something you will receive an email within 48 hours confirming how much your account was credited.
Before going to a store, check the app. Do a search for the store, browse through the items and tag ones you’re interested in.
Depending on the store you either take a pic of the receipt and scan the item when you’re home or you link your loyalty card to the app so when it’s scanned at the store you automatically get credit.
This works for receipts from 273 stores.
If you can’t find or simply do not purchase one of the items, you will still get cash back for the items you did purchase and the others remain checked off in the app if you want to buy them another time… until that deal expires.
Here are just a few current offers from our local Hannaford grocery store. You can see that the cash back can add up quickly, simply by buying things you use regularly.
Reasons I love Ibotta
- Get credited quickly, within a day or two.
- They send emails with products recommended for me and weekly emails with my current balance. It reminds me to check the app and continue using them to watch that balance grow.
Note: If you’re getting too many emails, you can make adjustments to the alerts in the settings/preferences section of the app.
- They usually have an offer on any items. For example, $0.25 back on any item at all, or any brand of bread, or any brand of eggs.
- They let you know when a product you’ve earned cash back on before, is available again as a deal.
- You can earn money at restaurants or bars! I don’t know of any other cash back company that does that. For example, you might get $2.50 back if you buy 2 tall drafts of Bud or Bud Light or $1.50 back on a glass of Josh Cellars wine.
- They give you $10 just for trying it!
- They offer individual and group bonuses.
- Once you get $20 in your account you can have it transferred to your Paypal or Venmo account or get a gift card. You don’t have to wait several months for your pending money to be your real account balance like other cash back sites.
The only real downside is that the deals aren’t always products that I want to buy so I waste time looking for deals in the app that I don’t use.
But, I’ve also wasted time looking through Sunday newspaper coupons where I’ve not cut out one single coupon that I’d use. It happens!
How I earned 246.81 my first year with Ibotta
Most of my money came from grocery shopping at Hannaford and Price Chopper. My husband likes beer, but is a little picky. They’ve had good cash rebates on beer he’s willing to try or knows he likes.
Another big chunk came from shopping in store at Best Buy. At the time it was 5% cash back and we purchased a new TV and sound system.
PetSmart buying dog treats.
Walmart -online and in-store. Buying things like snacks, personal care, household items and greeting cards.
Stewarts – a local gas station and convenience store. I’ve gotten soft drinks, iced tea and snacks.
Amazon -online shopping.
Then, the rest is from bonuses and referrals.
After my 1st year using the app, I get an email with this.
Woo Hoo! I love this app and have recommended it to family and friends, now I’m recommending it to you. I hope you like it and have as much success with it as I have.
Also, once you start trying the app and enjoying it, you can refer your family and friends and earn money that way as well.