What is it?
It’s a website that offers coupons from stores for shopping either on-line or in the actual store. They have more than 600,000 coupons and offers for 70,000 retailers so there’s a good chance that the store you’re looking for is on Retail me not. Simply visit this site before making a purchase to see what deals are available.
Because 600,000 coupons can be overwhelming, they offer different searching options. You can search by store name, by category (baby, electronics, food, etc.), for sites that offer free shipping deals, or stores that have printable coupons. They also have a section showing the best deals of the day.
One of the best features, I think, is the app for smartphones… this means that you can look for discounts as you’re waiting in line to purchase an item… or before you even walk into a store at the mall! The website and app are free to use.
They actually have 9 websites, so depending on where you are in the world… it’s worth checking them out.
- RetailMeNot – US
- RetailMeNot.ca – Canada
- VoucherCodes.co.uk – United Kingdom
- Deals.com – Germany
- Actiepagina.nl – Netherlands
- Bons-de-Reduction.com and ma-reduc.com – France
- Deals2Buy- North America
How have I benefited?
Honestly, I haven’t actually kept track of how much I’ve saved with this website but I have used it quite a bit. Typically, it’s when I’m actually visiting a store. I tend to use Mr. Rebates, Ebates, or Shop Discover for my online purchases, but I have used retailmenot online as well.
When I’m at the mall, I’ll check certain stores on the app to see what deals they are offering. Or, before I leave the house for something I’ll check the big box stores on the app or website. If I’m buying something baby related I can probably find the same item in Walmart, Target, Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us… so why not see which one will give me a nice coupon for my purchase, right? It pays to shop smart.
- You need to visit retailmenot first (either on the smartphone app or on the web) and locate the store and deal you want. Some stores have restrictions… I found out I couldn’t use a coupon on Disney items at JCPenny for example.
- You then show the coupon on your phone to the cashier or type in the coupon code during checkout if you’re doing so online.
- The discount is taken immediately off your original purchase price
- If the offer is not a coupon, it will give directions on how to save – such as signing up with the store with an email address
- You can email or text a deal to yourself or a friend
Example – Check out this video
RetailMeNot is a great website and well worth checking out. Please leave me feedback on your experience with them or if you have any questions. I’d love to hear from you.
Be sure to check out other ways I recommend to save money.