MainStreetSHARES is a company that offers cash back when you shop online.
They have over 1135 stores that they partner with and those stores vary in how much cash back they provide.
How it works:
- Visit the MainStreetSHARES website
- Find the store you’re looking for
- View other coupon codes available
- Click a link to go to the stores website
That’s it! You then purchase the item(s) you wanted to originally, but you get cash back for doing so.
When you purchase items, your cash back accumulates. They tally it monthly, but the payment is delayed by 2 months to ensure all purchases and returns are accounted for.
What makes them different from other cash back sites?
MainStreetSHARES offers a few different things, not just the basic cash back incentive. In addition to the regular cash back that you receive each month, you also get a percent (based on how much you spent) of total company revenue earned by other members who shopped and other income they receive through advertising. That additional revenue earned is like icing on the cake. It’s unexpected.
Here’s the example given on their website:
Not only that, but when you shop you receive msSHARES. If MainStreetSHARES is bought out, members will split 50% of the net cash proceeds.
AND FOR A LIMITED TIME…
If you earn msSHARES through July 31, 2015, you get to split an additional 10% of the net cash proceeds.
- You need to visit the MainStreetSHARES website first, then locate the store you want.
- Some stores may not be listed or may have a higher/lower rebate at Mr.Rebates or Ebates so that’s why I use more than one. I like the idea of sharing in profits with this one though so if the percentage is close to the others I’ll now use MainStreetSHARES.
- Look for coupons before clicking on the stores ‘Shop!’ button. There may be coupon codes for discounts or free shipping that can be used along with the cash back offer.
- It typically takes a few days to show the purchase and rebate credit but they state that it could take up to a couple of weeks.
- Rebates are tallied every month but not paid for 2 months, so a purchase made in Jan would be processed at the end of January but not paid until the end of March to account for returns.
- Travel purchases are tallied once your travel has been completed
- Rebates are only given via Paypal
Example cash back percentages:
The picture above shows just some of the stores available under the Baby, Family & Pets section. As you can see each store offers a different cash back percentage.
They have 20 categories and over 1,100 online stores. They also have the option of searching based on deals available rather than by store name. The percentages and deals are always changing so you definitely want to check it right before you are ready to make a purchase.
They also offer the option of adding a Quick Click Bookmark which is adding a special link to your Internet browsers bookmark so that all you have to do is click the bookmark and it will automatically route you through MainStreetSHARES to your store without requiring you to log in. This is a nice feature, but personally I like the idea of seeing the coupons and deals on the MainStreetSHARES website first. If you are rushed for time though, this feature is helpful. Their goal is to make the process easy.
Note that you should not use other web coupons from other sites or it may void your cash back on here. They display coupons on their website and those can be used in addition to the cash back, but it must come from the MainStreetSHARES site.
The bottom line though is that MainStreetSHARES site is quick and simple to use. You login, search for your store and available deals, do your shopping and you’re done. You automatically earn cash back, additional company revenue and msSHARES so it puts money back in your pocket that you wouldn’t otherwise have. And who knows, you might have more money to look forward to if/when the company is bought out.
I should also mention that the more people that use this company, the more profits they will have to split with us and the greater the chance that it will be acquired.
With that being said though…
Cash Back Percents are Actually Higher with Ebates!
I think Main Street Shares is a good site to add to your many cash back sites that you check because the same company typically has different cash back percents on each site. If you’d rather not go through the hassle of checking a bunch each time you shop though, from my experience… Ebates has typically had the highest cash back. Check out Ebates here.
If you have any experience with this company, please leave a comment below with your thoughts on the program. Also, let me know if you have any questions.