Buying regular diapers and night time diapers are expensive and they are bulky to buy and lug home too. When I think about going baby shopping, that is not my idea of fun!
If you’re not yet a member of Amazon Mom (which recently changed to be called Amazon Family), I highly recommend it.
Let Amazon and UPS do all the lugging and use your time to shop for cute outfits instead!
Seriously, you can get diapers delivered to your door
cheaper than going out and picking them up yourself
Amazon gives you a 20% discount and sometimes you can also click on a coupon on top of the 20% savings.
You simply choose which diapers you would like and how often you would like them delivered. Since you don’t go through night time diapers as often you can have them delivered every other month for instance.
Amazon will send you an email when they are getting ready to ship your items so that you can make any last minute adjustments. Adjustments are needed if you’re using too much or too little of something, your baby goes up a size in diapers, or they no longer sell the item you’re requesting. If no adjustments are necessary, you simply do nothing and your shipment will continue to arrive at your doorstep on the agreed upon frequency.
Let’s Talk Numbers
Ok… so in theory it sounds really good, but the service is not free… so what exactly does it cost and what are ALL the benefits?
Well, I just did a search for the same product on Amazon Mom and at other major retailers.
Here’s what I found…
Product: Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 1 – the Economy Pack Plus 216 Count
- Amazon – Without Amazon Mom $44.99. With it, $35.99 subscribe and save.
- Walmart – $45.97
- Babies R Us – $45.99
- Target -$47.19. They offer a subscribe option too for 5% off but it brings it to $44.83
So, if you compare Amazon Mom’s subscribe and save to the cheapest competitor (Walmart in this case), you’re saving $9.98 per box!
Did you know that you’ll probably be changing your infants diaper 6-10 times a day! You’ll probably go through a big box of regular diapers a month so that’s a savings of $119.76/year!
Amazon Mom cost… $99/yr.
So it’s a savings of $20/yr. $20 doesn’t seem like much, but think of it this way…
You’re saving $20…
by staying at home…
and NOT running out to get diapers!
And… that is just the savings on one product. Now imagine how much money you will save if you buy night time diapers and wipes through Amazon Mom too.
You can also subscribe to other items as well – if you subscribe to having 5 items delivered on the same day of the month (including the diapers) they will give you a 15% discount on the other items as well!
Click here to sign up for Amazon Mom (Family) or continue reading for more great info.
A HUGE perk of Amazon Mom is that it gives you Prime membership.
That means that you get free shipping on Prime eligible items.
As a new Mom I found it hard to leave the house, even to do regular shopping. Having free shipping on almost any product and at my door in 2 days was a life-saver!
This is not just on baby products, this is on any product that Amazon sells that is marked as Prime. I did almost all of my Christmas shopping that way (not kidding).
Amazon Prime also gives you:
- Prime Instant Video – stream movies and TV episodes. They are not the most current movies or seasons of TV shows, but still nice to have this option. We have actually cancelled our cable subscription and use only Amazon Prime and Hulu for movies and shows.
Top TV shows include: Under the Dome, Downtown Abbey, Extant, Transparent, The Good Wife, Boardwalk Empire, VEEP, Five Days, GIRLS, Orphan Black, Strike Back, Suits, Catastrophe, True Blood, The Wire, Rome, Falling Skies, Covert Affairs, Deadwood, Sopranos, Workaholics, Eastbound & Down. The most recent season typically is not available for free, but there’s enough of a selection to keep me happy and I’m finding new shows I never knew about.
Top TV shows for Kids: Sesame Street, Creative Galaxy, Tumble Leaf, Dora, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Sponge Bob, Shaun the Sheep, Wonder Pets, Timmy Time, Blue’s Clues, Curious George, Thomas & Friends, Arthur, Go Diego Go.
- Promotions – if you choose the free “No-Rush Shipping” you typically get a promotional deal like $5 off a prime pantry order, or a $1 Amazon Instant Video Credit so if there is a show that you want to watch that isn’t free, you can rack up these credits and still get it for free in the long run.
- Prime Photos – unlimited, secure, online photo storage that’s automatically backed up. This allows you to access your photos from any device. It also allows for 5GB of video storage.
- Prime Music – gives access to more than a million songs without ads! You’ll want to download the Amazon Music app to access the music from your phone or tablet. You can listen to music stations based on genre or artist and they will make recommendations based on what you’re listening to. There are also a bunch of pre-made playlists including ‘Nature Sounds for Babies’, ‘Putting The Baby to Bed’ lullabies, and ‘Kidz Bop Songs’. In addition, you can also download music locally to your device. Again, it doesn’t include the newest song releases, but with over a million songs, it’s a huge database and I love it!Also, have you heard about Echo? It’s a voice-activated music player and personal assistant… like Apple’s Siri or Microsoft’s Cortana. It’s a cylinder tube speaker that needs to be plugged in, but then it’s voice controlled. It can give the news, weather, info from Wikipedia… and play music from Prime Music. Simply say ‘Alexa, play classical music’ and it will do it!
- Prime Early Access – gives 30 minute early access to their lightning deals
- Kindle Owner’s Lending Library – those that own a Kindle get access to around 300,000 books for free to read
- Kindle First – early access to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks
- Membership Sharing – you can have 4 members of your household share the free shipping perks if you have separate Amazon accounts
So, after considering all that… I say
YES, Amazon Mom IS WORTH IT!
Also, be sure to leave a comment about your Amazon Mom experience.