I came across the baby bean bag chair on Pinterest and pinned it because I thought it was adorable. I then decided to go back to it a few days later to check it out and I realized it was a broken link. 🙁 What’s worse is that 40 people repined / liked my pin… so I feel bad that it went nowhere!
To make it up to all of you, I’ve decided to get some more details on this baby bean bag chair and track down where you can get one.
Baby Bean Bag Chair Details and Why I love the Idea
- It grows with the baby, there is one cover that includes straps for a newborn and another without the straps for your toddler
- Your baby will outgrow the typical bouncer in about 6 months. The beanbag can be used for much longer. They don’t give a max age, but an Amazon reviewer mentioned their 20 month old still uses it.
- The beans will mold around your baby’s head for comfort. This is really helpful if you’re worried about your baby getting a flat spot on their head from always being in the same position
- It’s great for babies with reflux because it doesn’t lay them flat
- It’s light and easy to carry around the house from room to room… just make sure you’re baby is not in it when you lift it.
- It’s easy to clean
The Unstuffed Version
I’ve researched where you can buy one of these chairs and there are a couple of places that either sell a stuffed version or an unstuffed version. With the unstuffed version you are purchasing just the base and material. You have to purchase the stuffing separately and put the beads in yourself.
Purchasing things on Ebay are hit or miss. Sometimes you can get a good deal and other times it seems to be not worth the headache. It’s best to deal with vendors that allow for returns in case the item is not exactly as described.
Regarding the bean bag chair, I found that most of the listings were from Hong Kong and can take up to 30 days to arrive. If you’re in the US, this link ships from California and costs $34.96 and includes free shipping in about 6 days. They also allow returns within 14 days, but return shipping is paid by you.
I’m not sure how long this Buy It Now link will be available, but you can purchase it from Ebay here.
You will also need to purchase the filling.
Please also note that there is no brand associated with this bean bag chair. The seller has a 97.8% positive feedback for all their products sold. I did a little digging and see that they do have some negative feedback relating to this product where they told the customers they no longer had the color they wanted available after the purchase.
Amazon also sells an unstuffed version, but offers the beads as well so they could be shipped in the same order. This one does have a brand name LCY, but I’m not sure how good it is. There are no reviews! Amazon does have a 30 day return policy and is free to ship back to them. The price ranges from $30 – 34 depending on if you want a solid color or print. The price includes free shipping but takes 2-4 weeks. I tried to see where it was being shipped from, but could not. It may be overseas. You can check out this option on Amazon.com
The Stuffed Version (It comes just as you see it in the pic)
The bean bag chair that is filled and ready to use has so many more benefits than the ones described above.
- It has a brand name called BayB – the company was started by 2 Dads who wanted to create high quality products for families.
- These products are tested and assembled in the US.
- It has double stitching to ensure no beans can come out
- The bean bag chair has reviews – great ones! 4.5 out of 5 stars from 72 customers
- It ships within 24 hours
- It includes free shipping like the other options
Yes, this version costs more, but it’s a better quality product and you’ll be supporting a family owned US company. You’ll also be getting it quickly and it’s ready to use out of the box. If this is the route you’d like to take…
Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I’d appreciate if you look around and see if I can be of further help.