I thought this post title was appropriate since Mother’s Day just passed, but really I should have posted it before Mother’s Day. A friend had sent me this video last year and I just thought about it and wanted to share it with all of you, even if it is a little late. As a child we tend to take our parents, especially Mom, for granted at times. They do so much for us and it kind of becomes expected. As we grow older we appreciate our Mom more and are thankful for all that she has done and continues to do. Now that I’m a Mom, I appreciate her even more because I understand the sacrifices she made. I know I didn’t always make her life easy, but she loves me unconditionally. Thanks for everything Mom!
Being a Mom is a lot of work, but it also comes with many joyful benefits. I had a wonderful day spending time with my daughter and husband and feel so blessed to have them both in my life. I think this video is wrong on one account though… that Mom’s get paid nothing.
“Being a Mother is the highest paid job in the world. Since the payment is in pure love.”
Here are just some of the joyful benefits I have found. It has put a big smile on my face as I compiled it.
10 Things I LOVE About Being a Mom
- Hearing the word ‘Mama’ or ‘Mommy’ coming from my child is just so precious. It melts my heart at times
- Receiving hugs – sometimes for no reason at all, just because she’s a sweetie. Other times because she wants to hang on and not go down for a nap… I’ll take them anytime I can get them!
- Being able to put a smile on my daughter’s face by tickling her or making goofy sounds/faces
- Snuggle time when we read books before bed
- Teaching my daughter something new and cheering her on
- Making memories as we share her ‘firsts’… first ice cream cone, first trip to see Santa and the Easter Bunny, first trip to the zoo, first time in a big pool, etc.
- Going for walks (when she cooperates) with her hand around my finger
- Watching my daughter play independently and happily entertain herself. She does the cutest things. For example:
- She’ll pick up Minnie Mouse, hold her hand, and have her build blocks with her.
- She’ll wave hello to her stuffed animals first thing in the morning after running into the living room. On occasion, she’ll then pour them tea or give them a baby bottle.
- Being able to give kisses to all her boo boo’s, and simply plant them on her little cheeks whenever I want. We also both laugh when I give her raspberries on her belly.
- Giving my parents and my in-laws the gift of being grandparents
So… that’s the list I came up with. What are some things you love about being a Mom? If your a Dad, Grandparent, Aunt, or Teacher, feel free to share as well. Children are amazing and touch our lives in so many ways. I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please also share thoughts about your Mom. Thanks!